Friday, March 9, 2012

On The Mend

It might not look like it, but we are on the mend. I never would have guessed this was the out come.
The kid has laid on the bed for 3 days not wanting to move or be touched.
Although, with a little Lortab down him, I would have him walk around without a diaper to air-out the sores. (He has some in the most unfortunate places)
When he is up and around he will wrap a blanket around him.
We have mastered the pick up so I don't touch any sores.
I have the wrapping up process almost mastered.
and for the first time in 3 days My little Jackson let me hold him in the rocking chair. With careful hand placement and weight distribution it was wonderful.
I missed being so close.



Amazing how the body heals, and slowly the one I love forgets about the spots.
(which is a blessing, I think we will have another round of treatment at some point)

4 comments:

Annie said...

This is so sad. Poor baby boy! And poor Mama who cares for him. So glad he's starting to heal and feel more normal. Bless your heart! What a long week for you!

Maga said...

Thanks for the update of recovery and the pictures! We pray for you.

Amy said...

Seriously poor kid?!? Glad he is feeling a little better. Geez, I can't imagine!

Dipo Dwijaya said...

I wish the best for your family and especially your baby. Dwijayas.